Monday, January 17, 2011

MLK day

I think it's important on 3 day weekends to try and keep in perspective WHY we are home in our PJ's at 1:00 pm, watching Lifetime movies and making mental lists of all the things we SHOULD be doing with this extra down time.

So as I was talking to DJ about the Rev. Dr. King, and listening to him tell me all of his wonderful accomplishments he learned about in school, I made sure he knows that we have a lot to be thankful for in our family.  I told him there was a time when Black people and White people were really not supposed to love each other and have children together, and because of MLK, I was able to have a child with his father and now I have him!  After thinking about this for a moment...DJ said, "Well I guess I have 3 reasons to be grateful to MLK. First, that you are my mom, Second, that I can use whatever drinking fountain I want, and Third, I don't have to go to school today!" 

That pretty much sums it up!  :)
\

1 comment: