Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Manners???

Today I served root beer floats to my classes.  They earned it, and I was happy to do something nice for them to reward their hard work.  However, I have to say I was a bit annoyed with the bad manners of some of them. :(

For the most part, my kids were very thankful and appreciative; saying thank-you and cleaning up after themselves.  There were a few, however, that don't seem to know the meaning of the word "polite".  I wonder what some of the parents would say had they seen the rude behaviors that I witnessed.

To start off, there were a few that complained about what I was giving them.  I heard, "I hate root beer", "do you have any other kind of ice cream besides vanilla??" and even, "You should have asked us what we wanted". 

Then there were those who spilled and didn't even bother cleaning up after themselves!  I had plenty of napkins and even wet wipes, but they chose to just leave it for the next person to take care of. 

Like I said...the majority of my kids are awesome, and they were genuinely appreciative.  It's just too bad that a few "rotten apples" have to spoil the bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment