Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Dad

This month is crazy for me!!  We have four kids doing a total of five sports. Every 9th grade student is responsible for a huge Renaissance project and paper, and we take them all on a field trip to the Renaissance Faire. It's DJ's birthday.

I'm grateful to be so busy right now, because if I wasn't I think I'd drive myself crazy worrying about my dad.  He is still having health issues related to his pacemaker.  Next week, he is traveling to Salt Lake City to have a procedure done called an Abilation (sp?).  Apparently, if this works he could feel better than he has in years.  If not...I'm not sure he'll be able to continue working like he does.  Those of you who know my dad know that this will kill him....slowly.  He works harder than anyone I know.  He works hard because his joy is found in visiting his grandchildren, and in providing things for them that they wouldn't otherwise have.  He loves to take them on special outings...camping, fishing, riding the 4-wheeler, etc.  He gets so much pleasure in coming to Boise and taking all of us out to eat!  These are the things he lives for, and he told me once without those things his life wouldn't mean a thing.

Growing old is a part of life, and it's something I'm sure my dad knows he has to accept and adjust to, but he's just not ready...we're not ready.  He still has so much to share...so many lessons to teach. 

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers, because I'm not sure I have the strength to do what I need to do in life without him by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment