Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I should write on my blog more often. I enjoy writing, and I've been told some people enjoy reading what I write, so why do I wait so long in between entries?

October marks one year of my single life. I have REALLY focused on finding myself (whatever that means lol) and rebuilding the foundation that had crumbled so badly.

We are happy. I can honestly say we are truly happy. That feels good. Of course, we have issues (who doesn't), but our issues are our own now. We are not affected by the actions and moods of other people. We no longer live in fear of temper tantrums, blow ups and breakdowns. I have seen such a transformation in the boys' attitudes. It is a wonderful feeling to know that I made the right decision, and that all of us can grow now, where before we were so stifled by the negativity.

October also marks 1.5 years since I decided I did not want to continue living life as an unhealthy, overweight woman. I have kept 30+ lbs off for 18 months, and I have learned so much about nutrition and health that I can share with others, while continuing to learn and apply new information to my own diet and lifestyle. Running is a part of my life now, and it's one that I hope to continue in some form for years to come. It's not only exercise, it's my therapy. :)

I turned 40 two months ago, and so far it doesn't seem to be much different from 39. I am more aware of the path I've taken to get to this point, which means I will be taking a much different path over the next 40 years. :) Live and learn, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment