Monday, June 6, 2011

What I've learned about food.

The #1 thing that I've learned about food through this diet is that it is wayyyy too important to me. Food consumes my life...still.  I'm working on that though, and I have seen improvement.  Before, I would never turn down a food I liked, because I felt like I would be depriving myself of something that I deserved. Now I know that what I deserve is to be healthy and in control of my life, which means I CHOOSE when I want to eat something and when I don't, and it doesn't have anything to do with my happiness...or at least it shouldn't.

I have also learned that food can be satisfying in small quanities. I don't need 4 pieces of pizza to be full.  I don't need 2 helpings of spaghetti to be content. I listen to my body now, and when it tells me I'm done...I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment