Monday, February 7, 2011

The BIG DAY!!

I'm getting married today at 11:30.  What do brides do on the morning of their wedding day??  Trip to the spa?  Brunch with the bridesmaids?  Hours upon hours of hair and make up to ensure everything is PERFECT on the "big day"???

BZZZZZ..wrong.  I woke up at 6:30, woke kids up, loaded and started the dishwaser, began a load of towels and sheets, took four kids to two different schools, went and got a coffee, came home and switched my clothes to the drier, picked up the basement a little after yesterday's Superbowl party, and now I'm Facebooking before I have to fold the towels.

Todd is sleeping.  Guess he's not your typical "bundle of nerves" kinda groom on his wedding day. lol 

The funny thing is I am perfectly content about all of this. This is my life, and I wouldn't change one thing about it.  I guess, to me, getting married is just the final step in this journey we've been taking for the past six years. It's not going to change anything about the way we live our lives. It might add some legal/financial security to our already conjoined lives and bank accounts, but other than that I doubt much will be affected.

They say life is all about timing.  I completely agree with this.  Those who know Todd know that he drags his feet with pretty much everything he does.  I once saw him take 15 minutes to pick out deoderant.  Who does that??  Back and forth to the deoderant aisle...trying to smell it through the little plastic barrier under the lid...Axe or Adidas....hmmmm....this decision could affect my life greatly....what to do.....JESUS JUST BUY THEM BOTH!!!  lol

Todd and I are very different in that way.  I act first and ask questions later. Not a lot of forethought goes into my decisions, as evidenced by some of my more noticable blunders in life. I have learned something from Todd though....that it's ok to think things through and do it on MY time once in a while. I don't have to do things just because "everyone else is doing it" or "so and so thinks I should do it" or "what if they are upset with me for not making a decision", because ultimately it's MY life that's being affected.

I think Todd has learned a few things from me as well. It's ok to make a mistake, and if you do something that you regret later SO WHAT!  If you take chances you WILL be disappointed every now and then, but it's a helluva lot better than never taking chances at all and waking up one day to regret all of the wonderful things you let pass you by.

I think we compliment each other in this way.  Life is a journey, and I am happy to be sharing mine with someone that, after six years, still makes me laugh, teaches me things, surprises me and understands me.

No comments:

Post a Comment