Sunday, October 23, 2011

So many changes...

Well, it's been a while since I've updated, and I do have some new recipes I want to share...but first thing's first. Most of you know I'm going through a divorce. The boys and I moved out a few weeks ago, and we are adjusting to our new lives and routines. Life is full of lessons, and boy have I learned a few in the past couple years!! Just to clarify, nobody did anything bad to anyone else, and this divorce is not ugly or terribly painful. We just realized, after years of trying to force a square peg into a round hole, that we are not right for each other. We are two people with two very different sets of values and ideas on how a marriage should be. Can't really fault people for being who they are. I have one very important job in this world, and that is to raise two healthy, happy boys who can live their lives feeling secure and confident about who they are. I want my boys' lives to be full of love and laughter, as well as my own, and that just wasn't possible in the environment in which we were living. Marriage has to be a mutual agreement to live your lives a certain way, and unfortunately, we never could come to that agreement. We are on very different pages, and neither of us was willing to compromise our principles when it came to certain things, soooo....we agreed that we were wasting each other's time by continuing to live the way we were living.
Having said all of this...I am fine...my boys are fine....and we will always BE fine as long as we have each other.  Our lives together started out with just the three of us, and now we find ourselves back on that path. We share a bond that can never be broken, and there is no limit to what I would do for them. We just take it...DAY BY DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment